TBI‘s Cloud Governance Services include two major components. TBI can be your cloud governance resource for any cloud acquisition or migration. Additionally, TBI can provide expertise to help your staff design and deploy an ongoing comprehensive governance framework to manage cloud computing.
Cloud governance provides a structure for managing the portfolio of projects to avoid redundant work, and allows your organization to exploit investments in cloud services by effectively managing the cloud service portfolio. Governance also helps manage consumer/provider relationships. It manages vendor contracts via service level agreements (SLAs), manages the provisioning of services, and maintains the formulas and agreements to execute charge-backs. Governance ensures that the value of the organization’s decisions around cloud computing can be tracked and verified. It also ensures that SLAs for availability of cloud services, incident management, and the security and protection of the organization’s data assets are understood and improved over time. Cloud governance is integrated with existing IT and organizational governance, policies, and tools.
TBI’s Cloud Governance Services are composed one or more of the following elements, tailored to your specific environment and needs:
- Strategy Development – clear definition of the key objectives for governance, priorities, constraints and needs in managing the cloud
- Standards– defining cloud SLAs and performance metrics, cloud policies, service requirements, service availability standards, data security standards
- Risk Management – identifying strategic and tactical risks associated with any cloud migrations or deployments; validation of compliance to controls and policies
- Organizational Change & Process Analysis – service management (e.g., document roles & responsibilities for service provisioning, change management procedures, incident management & response procedures, backup, recovery, storage, archival) as well as oversight to ensure consistent processes and process adherence
- Vendor Analysis – mitigating any risks associated with suppliers, contract enforcement, SLAs, vendor compliance
- Program Management, Program Governance, PMO – cloud governance structures (organizational structures, service level management, strategic direction, financial management, service delivery management); program management for integrated cloud migrations and new development, PMO structures to support visibility and coordination of cloud computing assets
TBI Cloud Governance Services can answer the following types of questions:
- Do we have sufficient processes in place to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of our cloud providers?
- Do we have visibility as to how our cloud investments are being used?
- Is cloud computing meeting our expectations around innovation and speed to market for our new solutions?
- Are all monies spent for cloud computing visible and managed under our cloud governance framework?